Sunday, July 11, 2010

Trying to Count Sheep

It has probably been the roughest couple of weeks so far. Getting enough sleep has been my biggest challenge. I've had a tough time falling asleep, mostly because of pain, and then trying to stay asleep. I hope I can find something soon that will help me get through the pain so I can get the rest that I desperately need.

I had a pretty big setback this week. My chest pain returned with a vengeance, and I had to go to the ER to make sure nothing serious was happening. Thankfully everything checked out okay, but I'm still frustrated that the chest pain has come back. All I can do is keep on moving forward and not letting the bumps along the way get me down.

Tomorrow I fly out to D.C. for my third visit with Dr. Jemsek, and to start my second round of antibiotics. I am really hoping he can help me find something that can help me sleep, and manage the pain better. I’ll do a more detailed update when I get back.

2 comments:

  1. Rylee owens ( orchestra class)July 16, 2010 at 3:43 PM

    Hi Ms.Dunn!!!
    Why are you so sick all the time?? hee hee well anyways i hope you get better and i'm so exited to be in your class next year.!!!! I'm special because I'm the first one to comment!! Oh!! Let me give you a tip: instead of counting sheep, count cows with crazy outfits on! You can tell when you are about to fall asleep because some of the cows hit the fence!!! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sort of like sheep better (being a Shepherd and all) You could always play Mozart, quietly, when you're trying to sleep. Then you can become smarter too!! :)

    ReplyDelete