Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Second Week

My second week of treatments didn't go as smoothly as my first. Despite the high amounts of probiotics, the antibiotics have really done a number on my digestive tract causing nausea and other uncomfortable symptoms. Have started popping probiotics like they are candy…lol!

Towards the end of the week I was having some serious symptoms of dehydration, and with my weakened heart that can be very bad. After talking with the nurse at Dr. Jemsek's I found out that I was supposed to be on Lactated Ringers which is made up of all sorts of good stuff like potassium, calcium, and sodium. I should have been taking it on my off days (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturdays, and Sundays) to help with detox and keep me hydrated, but the infusion company never sent them. I got my first batch of bags on Saturday and started my first session with it. That IV bag took seven hours!! I am grateful for to have them, cause they are really going to help, but I'm not liking being attached to an IV pole for that long. Sigh!

Had an emotional and mental break down at the end of the week too. Just everything came crashing down, and I got so frustrated with it all. I started to cry and felt so hopeless. The worry of finances, having to rely on those around me a lot more than I would like, and how much control this treatment and disease has on my life right now. It just all caught up with me. Thankfully my sweetie, David, wouldn't let me hang out my own pity party too long. He reminded me that I was strong and that I will be able to get through it. Only two weeks in and I'm having break downs...lol! I hope I don't have to many more, but if I do I have a wonderful support group that I can lean on when I am too weak.

I did have a bright spot in my tough week. On Monday I was able to spend some time with David’s parents. They are on some huge cross-country bus tour, and the group stopped in Bear Lake for lunch. I couldn't pass up the chance to meet up with them when they were so close. It was so good to see them again. An hour wasn't long enough, but it was better than nothing. Now I want to see my honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment