Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Week One

Well I have completed my first week of treatment and am now in my second round. I have been put on Merrem which I found, after some research, is a pretty hefty antibiotic that inhibits the bacteria's ability to grow a cell wall. Treatments have gone pretty well. I have had some pretty rough days but I also have had some good days. I can feel that my good days are better than before because my mind is clearer and I have more energy. I was even able to do some gardening which I have missed so much. I am happy to inform everyone that my chest (pleurisy and pericarditis) pains have subsided to almost nothing. I haven't experienced this since Dec. 2008 when I had 9 weeks of antibiotics. I've had some of my other symptoms, however, increase in intensity such as my joint pain, headaches, and convulsions.


I had my worst night last night with convulsions. Usually it only hits my right side, but last night it hit all the muscles in my back. I don't remember everything that happened, but my mom describes that at times I was almost bent in half backwards with spasms. I know there were times that I was having a hard time getting deep breaths, but we were able to get through it. I have restarted my seizure medication and I hope that will help with the spasms.

I'm trying to not get too discouraged with the setbacks. I have to remind myself that this road wasn't going to be easy and that it wasn't going to be short, but that it was going to be worth it because I will get my life back.

No comments:

Post a Comment