Friday, April 2, 2010

Final Resort to Get Some Rest

Well the early to bed early to rise theory didn't worked. Unfortunately my tremors and pericardial pain decided to keep me company last night and hindered my ability to fall asleep. I "woke-up" completely drained and in a lot of pain. There is a silver lining in the fact that the pain has lessened quite a bit through out the day. I hope that this pattern will continue through the weekend so I will be up a raring to go teach on Monday (Thank you methylprednisolone). Tonight I will turn to my last resort: sleeping medication. Dr. Jemsek prescribed me two different types, one to help me fall asleep, and the other to help me stay asleep. I have been a little squeamish wanting to take these medications because past experiences with similar drugs have not been pleasant. One particular experience was for a medication study for a drug to help Fibromyalgia (yes, one of the many things that I have been diagnosed with along the way). The medication was a sleep aid, and the theory was that if patients with Fibromyalgia were to get better sleep they would be in less pain through out the day. A side note: A Gastrologist diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia and simply explained that I was just one of those people who couldn't handle the pains and aches of every day living. Doesn't that just make you feel all warm and fuzzy? I could share you my thoughts about that statement but that would take pages to do. Alright, back to the drug study story. The first night I took the drug I was out cold for an entire day! When I woke up I thought it was Wednesday, but no, it was Thursday. Freaked me out! I dumped the medication down the drain and dropped out of the study. Of course, I was never told the dosage I was given, but it scared me enough to shy away from such prescriptions. Now here I am, turning to one of the last things I would want to take, but I am desperate to have a few hours of decent sleep. I hope you all have a good night. Heck, I hope I have a good night...lol! Sleep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment