Monday, April 5, 2010

The Tale of Two Doctors

Had two doctors appointments today. No surprise there. The first one was with a Gastrology Surgeon (I guess that’s what they are called) to see about having my gallbladder removed. Man, I wish he was a general practitioner cause he was awesome! So was the nurse that took all my vitals. The doctor came in asked a couple of questions, explained the procedure, and asked when I would like to have it scheduled. We talked with the nurse and got it scheduled for tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. As odd as this may sound I'm pretty excited...lol! I hoping to find some kind of relief after the surgery.


My second doctor visit didn't go as well. Went to see our "family" doctor to catch him up with what has been happening the last several weeks and our trip to D.C. We also were in need of a doctor locally who would work with Dr. Jemsek (in what capacity I'm not sure of). When we asked our doctor if he would do it he said no. He would still treat my pain symptoms with the pericarditist, but he didn't want to be connected with the Lymes. He even told us to make sure that we weren't being scammed. Can you believe it!?! I guess I would have figured that he would want to try every possible avenue to help me live a higher quality of life. Although part of me can't blame him. So many doctors around the nation put their licenses on the line when trying to treat chronic lymes patients. Thankfully Bills are being passed in several states that protect LLD's, and I hope someday Utah will do the same, because we have Lymes. Doctors and the Health Department will say that we don't, but we do. Dr. Jemsek figures I've had Lymes since high school if not earlier. And I know several people who have contracted Lymes right here in Utah. Alright, going to get off my soap box...lol! I'm just grateful that the Lord is opening doors for me so I can get the helped I need.

So its off to surgery tomorrow. Its a same day surgery so I will be home tomorrow night. I will try to write tomorrow but if I don't you know why.

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck with your surgery. Hopefully you can get some relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having your Gallbladder out is an interesting experience! One you will feel the effects of for the rest of your life. I had mine out when I was 14, I didn't know before but having growth spurts can cause issues with your internal organs. I won't give you all the details but lets just say you still have issues after having it out. There isn't the same pain as before but there are other things you will have to deal with. One of the big things I have had to deal with since then is not being able to have things set in my stomach! It has been 15 years since I had mine out and I still have issues. Sorry I'm not more positive on this fact, but I think that people shouldn't believe that taking it out is going to give you all the relief that you want. I wish that it did, but just make sure that when you fast for the first time you stay home for a couple hours after you eat. It takes about that long for everything to have worked it's way through your system. I do wish you good luck on your surgery that was the easy part :) Also with your battle with Lymes, I'm sure that it is still a long battle out in front of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jayme, I hope things go well. I am sorry to hear about all this.

    ReplyDelete