Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pills...Pills...And more Pills!!!

So sorry for how long it has taken me to get back to this blog. It took me a couple of weeks to recover from surgery and then it took almost that long to get everything caught up in my life. Gallbladder surgery went pretty well. Took me a little longer than normal to recover from it but that’s not surprising. I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. I've been able to work for almost a week now, and I am so grateful to be able to see my kids and work again. There is nothing more I dislike than feeling useless.


So, as far as when I go back to Washington D.C., it's pretty up in the air. We would like to wait until I am done with school, but my chest pains are increasing in frequency and intensity. So, it might be a little sooner, just waiting to hear back from the Dr. Not sure how long the treatments will last, mostly likely a year, but I am ready to get it under way. At the moment Dr. Jemsek has me on a bunch of supplements to build up my body and get it ready for the onslaught that it will go through with the medication. I thought I would list what I have to take and what they help with:

Alpha Lipoic Acid: To prevent and treat neuropathy. Helps increase glutathione levels; glutathione is arguable the body's most important antioxidant. Functions as a cofactor in energy production. Used by diabetics to help control blood sugar and improve insulin resistance. May boost the immune system and antibody response. Improves the activity of vitamin C, vitamin E, and coenzyme Q10.

Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10): Boost the immune system. May reduce the risk for developing certain types of cancers. Promotes a healthy heart and may help lower elevated blood pressure and protect against complications. General energy enhancer. Used to fight age-related memory loss. May inhibit artery-clogging plaque buildup and potentially fatal blood clots; Reduces the heart's workload and is useful for people who suffer from irregular heart beats (arrhythmias). May prevent migraine headaches.

Magnesium Malate: Helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function. Is easy on the bowel and can counter malabsorptive issues. Important for maintaining energy metabolism. Can help regulate blood sugar levels.

Multivitamin: Supports healthy immune function. Helps replenish the body's stores of vitamins when diminished due to chronic illness. Promotes adequate vitamin and mineral intake.

NAcetyl L-Cysteine (NAC): Potent antioxidant because it is converted in the body to glutathione. Used as an antidote for acetaminophen and carbon monoxide poising, as well as to detoxify the body of heavy metals such as mercury, lead, and cadmium. May improve symptoms of memory loss, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), and Alzheimer's disease. Supports healthy cholesterol level, lipoprotein (a) levels, and homocysteine levels. Reduces inflammation. May improve symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome. May prevent alcoholic liver damage. Promotes breakdown of mucous associated with pneumonia, bronchitis, emphysema, and cystic fibrosis.

Omega-3's (Fish Oil): Promotes normal blood pressure and health heart function through reduction of LDL cholesterol ("bad") and triglycerides. Reduces inflammation associated with autoimmune diseases. May prevent muscular soreness after exercise. May improve depression and symptoms of other mental health problems. Immune stimulating properties.

Probiotic: May ease irritable bowel syndrome and symptoms of abdominal bloating, cramping, and diarrhea. Control traveler's diarrhea and diarrhea resulting from antibiotic treatment. Immune-boosting effects of probiotics help to reduce intestinal inflammation.

Saccharomyces Boulardii: A "good yeast" that helps produce lactic acid and some Vitamin B's. It also helps combats the "bad yeasts" that build up in the gut.

For a person that despises taking multiple pills this seems like a ton, but I have surprised myself. I have been fairly consistent in taking the full dosages every day, and I can feel some improvement with memory and energy. Probably need to enjoy it while I can...lol! Who knows what will happen once I get high potency antibiotics pumping through my system.

So that sums it up for right now. I promise that I will be better at posting from now on, and I would like to thanks those that have commented. I will be better at replying. Thanks everyone for your love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment